It’s been a while since I last wrote about the things going on in my life. Yes, there’s the “About” page, but as most people know, “About” pages aren’t exactly updated frequently. So here’s a list of going-ons in my life, my “Life Update” if you will, as I have done so previously (more or less in a random order):
- I’ve officially completed my two years National Service (Full-Time) — or NSF — tour. I collected my pink IC (Identity Card) last Tuesday, on the 17th of October, 2006.
- I’m currently working at UniSIM, Singapore’s fourth University (or so they tell me). I’ll be here anywhere from end of December this year to end of January next. It’s a temp job, so I won’t bother providing details on it (unless, of course, there are violent objections)
- Starting next November, I’ll be participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and writing my first novel. The definition of novel to them (the organisers) is very broad, so I’m likely to write experimental fiction (I love being creative with rules). My novel will be written on my wordpress.com site. I first found out about this more than a year ago while looking through Rachel’s blog. Thinking it’d be a good way to celebrate the end of my NSF, I told myself that I simply had to participate in this, and I so I signed up.
- I’ll have my practical driving test on the 15th of December.
- I’ll be running my very first marathon on the 3rd of December. I had actually built up a good mileage-base up till August. But I hit a snag when NDP (National Day Parade, of which my army unit was involved) came along. My rythym disrupted, I stopped running for almost a month. I picked up again in September, but my long-runs have thus far been limited to 12km or less, which for the purpose of running a marathon, a very, very short distance. With only a little more than a month to go, I can’t quite pick up the distance fast enough, so I’m quite prepared for a slow time, a lot of pain, or both.
- I’ll be off to UWA (University of Western Australia) next Feb. I’ll be taking a bachelor in commerce, though what I’ll major in will depend quite a bit on serendipity. Perhaps now, as compared to my polytechnic days, I’ll make the smarter choice and pick the one with more girls!
- I long for a change of the edonn.com look, yet I’m finding it really hard to find time to settle down and get it done, especially with work and NaNoWriMo just around the corner. I hate generic designs, and currently it’s as generic as generic gets, and looking amateurish with a few custom logos and edits here and there haphazardly put in. Believe me, this is far from my best work.
- On the last point, I’m currently thinking about whether or not to switch back to my own CMS (content-management system). I’m finding that WordPress seems to carry too much baggage, having many things that I don’t use, and not all the things that I used to have.