Just the other day the Lix started worriedly asking me if we had enough money to get married. I told her we mightn’t, and that if it came down to it we’d just borrow what we needed.
But Lix has a strong aversion to borrowing. “If we can’t afford it,” she said, “we shouldn’t be doing it.”
Yeah, that’s why I said HDB void deck but “Noooooooooo,” she said.
So I came up with a list of our expenses, trying my best to make sure I caught everything (in my six months as a scout, if I learned nothing except one thing, it was this: “be prepared”. Hey, you know what they say: once a scout, always a scout.)
Still, I can’t quite shake off that feeling that I could be missing something somewhere.
- Bridal Package (mostly paid for already, so probably no worries here)
- Pre-wedding photography (over and, well, done)
- Actual day photography (under and medium rare — haha, food joke. get it?)
- Bridal gowns / tea dresses (to serve tea in I suppose)
- Groom’s suit (with a body like mine, who needs one? heh.)
- Father-in-laws suits (with spandex preferably)
- Make-up artist on actual day(?)
- Videography on actual day (deposit paid. Hope they’re still in business then.)
- Band (live music) for actual day (deposit not paid. Hope they’re still available then.)
- Professional emcee(?) (professional. hopefully.)
- Bridal car (anyone wants to loan me their car?)
- Hotel room(s) for guests from overseas (anyone running a bed and breakfast?)
- Extra wine (I suppose two bottles per table would be enough? Maybe less… shouldn’t encourage excessive drinking, ya?)
- Hong bao’s, for both the Malaysia (in ringgit, thank God) and Singapore banquets
- Rest of banquet $$$ less deposit that’s been paid (all I can say is, “ouch.”)
- Wedding bands (where should we get it?? and gold prices are going up… argh. Acrylic diamonds look so real… *cough cough hint hint*)
- Invitation cards (printing of — actually, I’ve got a laser printer at home. Colour laser. *blink blink hint hint*)
- Furniture for our new room (Only the best European furniture. IKEA.)
Is there anything else I’m missing? Any Where’s Waldo expenses?
(I suppose painkillers and a list of SOS hotlines would be good (just for me), but I’ll leave that on my unofficial list.)
I love to read and write. Professionally, data science, technology, and sales ops are my thing. In my non-professional life, I aspire quite simply to be a good person, and encourage others to do the same. For those who care, I test as INFJ in the MBTI.